Canada immigration federal skilled worker requirements
Those who are skilled workers and want to become permanent residents in Canada on the basis of their trade should apply for the federal skilled trade program. This program allows one to migrate as a Canada skilled worker visa after receiving an offer for employment.
In order to be eligible for this program one must:
- One must plan to live in any state except Quebec; as the province of Quebec selects its own skilled workers.
- One has to meet the required levels of English or French for language ability like speaking, reading, writing and listening.
- Should have atleast two years of full time work experience in a skilled trade for years before applying.
- A person should meet the job requirements for skilled trade mentioned in the national occupational classification (NOC).
- One should atleast have a full time employment for a period for atleast one year or atleast a certificate of qualification in that skilled trade issued by a Canadian provincial.
In addition to these requirements one also needs to obtain atleast 67 points in on the IRCC which is the immigration, refugees and citizenship Canada’s selection factors.
- Education- In this the candidates need to obtain atleast 25 points in formal education.
- Language skills- The candidates can get upto 28 total points.
- Work experience- Under this factor the candidates can be awarded upto 15 points for a skilled trained they have worked in for ten years and in order to qualify one needs to obtain atleast 9 points.
- Age- Candidates can get upto 12 points depending upon their age at the time of applying.
- Arranged employment- If the candidates have arranged employment then they can get upto 10 points.
- Adaptability- The candidates can be awarded upto 10 points for the factors they can adapt to for moving to Canada.
The skilled trades those are eligible for Canada immigration federal skilled worker program fall under these major and minor groups like:
- Major group 72, this has industrial, electrical and construction trades.
- Major group 73, this has maintenance and equipment operation trades.
- Major group 82, supervisors and technical jobs in natural resources, agriculture falls in this category.
- Major group 92, processing, manufacturing and utilities supervisors are in this group.
- Minor group 632, consists of chefs and cooks.
- Minor group 633, butchers and bakers.
So these skilled trades are eligible for the federal skilled program but they must be able to show their skills and experience of the duties related to their respective occupation. Every year hundreds of trade persons are hired from all over the globe to come and work in the country. This is the reason why the government of Canada has started with this program; this way they are able to hire qualified and skilled foreign tradespeople and offer them permanent residency. One just needs to meet the eligibility criteria and the requirements mentioned by the government.